1

Here comes the summer?

While my calendar says it is so, the weather is still on early spring. Granted, it's green outside but that feeling of what's about to come with colors bursting out of their flowerbuds and ...... No, I am not feeling it. My jacket is still on and I am glum.

So, when LGB asked us what we do to prepare ourselves for summer, I felt it was an odd question. Not only does summer feel far far away, but why, what and when? Are there certain colors and looks we use only or more often during the summer? Granted, there is the belovedhated bronzed look that keeps on popping back up every other year, making cute girls look like they need a good scrubbing, but other than that?

I can't think of anything that I do differently during the summer. My skincare routine is the same all year round and I always have a pedicure with black polish, even in December. My make-up has more to do with my mood than with my calendar and no colors are reserved for certain seasons. I guess this means I am exactly what the brands fear - somebody that won't buy their seasonal kits? That will wear white regardless of labor-day? That thinks lime is a perfect color all year around? Aren't we all like that?

The only thing I can think of is that during the summer, I wear less make-up because there are more things to do and more sweating while I'm doing it. I want to be able to do exactly what I want to whenever I want to. Go swimming, dance in the rain, pretend I am a hippie, tending to a wild child and whatnot.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My skin gets more oily in the summer, so I change my foundation to a mattifying one. I'd love to wear less makeup in the summer like many people do, just a tinted moisturizer etc, but my skin is pretty bad. Also, sunscreen is a must for me, spf 50 :)

Post a Comment