1

My favorite word - Natural

I have a lot of hair. Not thick hair, but a lot of it. Curly, wavy and straight, all on one big head. This means that more often than not, I look like Edward Scissorhands. I don't really mind, I've come to terms with it but what I do mind, is that it gets dry, frizzy and looks like I've slept for ages. As I am no sleeping beauty, I have no explanation and I feel I have to do something before I end up looking like a Brillo Pad with big eyes.

So, when I stumbled across a cheap(er) trialversion of the Macadamia oil (included in an inofficial  sampler-bag with Mario Badescu & Smashbox), I just had to give it a go.
The site and the packaging is promising. Natural. Oh, how I love that word and oh, how it makes me buy things that aren't more natural than say, Brillo pads.
But, the smell! There's a smell that has nothing to do with macadamias, nuts or anything natural. It smells like cheap eau de cologne. Valentines Day-lunch at the retirement home. Excited old men who thinks they smell refreshingly of sandalwood. Ice tea and bingo. My grandfather's deodorant.

Ok, I stray, but that smell is so off. The oil itself doesn't feel oily at all, which can be good or bad depending on your preference, but it doesn't stick to your hands or hair. Hair feels smoother and oh, the hands, they loved the oil treatment! I think my cuticles appreciated this more than anything else.
So far I haven't noticed anything different about my hair. I still look like Scissorhands but with a smell that makes people think of Senior Scissorhands.

I just don't know if I got fooled into buying yet another product because it said natural on the packaging. The biggest ingredients are dimethicone and cyclomethicone which are a staple in most hair-treamtments. it's the same old silicone that traps any moisture, making their hair appear stronger and healthier. Add some vitamin E, oils from macadamia and Moroccan ironwood tree and another big batch of chemicals and we get a natural healing oil treatment.

I feel cheated. I do. It might work, but it's not what I was hoping for.

1 comments:

badbomben said...

"Valentines Day-lunch at the retirement home. Excited old men who thinks they smell refreshingly of sandalwood. Ice tea and bingo. My grandfather's deodorant" <3 Härligt!

Jag se också ofta ut som edward. I synnerhet morgonen efter kvällsduschen; en del permanentat, en del litet svallande, en del rakt :D

Post a Comment