5

Oh, no she didn't?!

When I was a kid, the cool girls wore blue mascara. If they were ultra-cool, they wore emerald-green mascara. When that trend re-surfaced a while back, I looked the other way. It was a trend that didn't ring my bell. However, I've always wanted a bright red mascara. Not to use on the whole lash, just the tips. Like an accent. Enough to make people look but not be able to pinpoint what is off.
So, when I spotted this beauty online, I knew she had to be mine. She might not be red but a good wine-color is fine by me. At first I thought it might be a counterfeit but it seems it's the real deal from Smashbox' That's a wrap which is discontinued.

This is my first Smashbox-product ever. I rarely buy high-end make-up simply because I can't afford it. Spending time lusting over things I'll never get just isn't my thing. It just makes you feel like a loser and I know better things to do with my time. But when I stumble upon it for next to nothing, I can't help myself. I paid roughly $7 for two mascaras, 3 eyeshadows and a lipstick, which are all from a collection long forgotten. Atleast the internet has forgotten and swallowed it whole without even a burp.

I guess that when I say I am living in the past, I really mean it!

5 comments:

Skulda said...

I want green mascara, red would be neat too. I rarely wear make-up, but mascara is one of the things that I like to put on if I'm in the mood.
Medusa has some cool mascaras!
http://www.medusasmakeup.com/mascara.htm

Megan Harmeyer said...

I love dark purple mascara, so that wine color would be right up my alley. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :D

Jonna said...

Awesome! Most people wear black mascara so it's a nice way to stand out by wearing other colours. x

Anonymous said...

I love blue mascara, but I only wear waterproof and I can not for the life of me find a waterproof blue :(

schmut said...

->Skulda: Oh, I had forgotten about Medusa! They should have a good thing or two.

->Megan: Dark purple sounds nice. Almost super-hero. I've always wanted hair like Wonderwoman and Superman, black with purple/blue highlights, and with that, I'd have mascara to match!

Post a Comment