0

Uhu, don't say a thing!

Ever since I Told Iggy there are color-changing nailpolishes, she's been nagging about getting one. To be honest, I think it's quite interesting as well. Have since I was 14, in language-school over the summer in Brighton and bought my first moodring. Thinking it would change the world as I know it and from now, I'd be all mysterious and nobody would ever be able to pin me down.
It didn't happen. The ring rarely changed color and according to it, I was living my life in a slimegreen maner. If I remember corectly, that meant I was not a cool bird, but a stone cold fish.

However, I'm older and wiser these days. Plus, I have a kid that wanted it and I do have a growing nailpolish-addiction to feed. When Nailmail had Del Sol (which is free from the 3 evils)as a subscription-offer, I signed up for a membership and 3 polishes. It's a novelty-item, I know, but sometimes you need things like that to brighten your mood and make you remember what it was like to be an odd tosser.

The polish arrived and sat around for a while. Looked cute on the shelf. Iggy tried them but managed to peel it off before she even went in the sun. So, for the love of my child, and of course, nailpolish, I tried one of them, Ruby Slippers, so she could see what it would look like if she managed to keep it on for more than 15 minutes. It's a clear polish with silverglitter but when you go out into full sun, it turns into a ruby red sparkle.
My Ruby slippers might be cute slippers, but they ain't Ruby red. Raspberries and cream (with glitter on top), sure, but it never really pops like I though it would and has seen at other bloggers. Maybe I need to stay out in the sun for more than a minute? Maybe it has something to do with skincolor and the fact that I'm ultra-pale with a yellow tint?
What ever the reason may be, it's a fun novelty polish and might be great fun to use in nailart. I think I'm going to use this for layering.

0 comments:

Post a Comment