6

What's in a name?

One thing that definitely gets me going, other than cute packaging, is a good name. A good name that sticks, makes me laugh or just fits like a glove. WetnWild may not be the greatest of them all as all it makes me think of is barely legal girls entering Wet t-shirt contests where all they get is the attention of middle aged men.
However, the polish I got in the WetnWild giveaway, a polish I'm not certain is even available in Sweden yet (please correct me if I am wrong) is a shade called Morbid. I don't get why a color like that could be considered morbid but I do think it has a color that Morbid Angel would approve of.
I've seen it described as black with a teal shimmer but I'd rather say dark grey with a forrestgreen shimmer.
I guess it depends on the light and when I took my photo, it was 91 degress Fahrenheit and sunnier than a Beatles' song from the late 60's.

I think a polish named Morbid would and should be corpse-colored. Not the real color, which is yellowish, but like in the movies, a cool blue jelly with red undertones. I've been trying to franken a color like that for ages. The WetnWild polish is a great color, but it isn't morbid to me.

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

i love the colour..i dont think its available in the netherlands either...

Nailtastic said...

Wow, that's an amazing polish! Cross my fingers that it will be sold in Sweden! :-)

Megan Harmeyer said...

That's a pretty color - no matter the name!

Sarah said...

You say that like it's a bad thing to get attention from middle aged men! :P

schmut said...

->Sarah: In that context, I think it is. Barely legal girls don't play the same league as middle-aged men and don't know what to expect.

Sarah said...

Most don't, I guess. And probably not the ones who enter that kind of contests. You're right!

Post a Comment