5

All that glitters is not your friend

What do you get when you take 3 lovely bottles of polish and mix them? A nice franken, better than any chocolate cake? Well, in theory you could, but you could also end up with a layering that looks like something the Christmas tree threw up.
Note to self : don't play around when you're irritated. When your body hurts and you don't know where to go and what to do. Your nails will look like you feel. (now that is a mood polish, I tell you!)
That's 3 layers of China Glaze's Flip flop fantasy, which did look great on it's own but in the end, the streaks got to me. I never implied I was good at applying polish and sometimes that shows.

Unfortunately, I am a nitpick and I want perfection. Usually, a nice glitter polish comes to the rescue and diffuses whatever imperfection I think I may spot. Today I figured that maybe my first choice of glitter, Sinful's Nail junkie would be taking it one step too far (fishscale-like glitter on a neon coral) so I settled for one of my untrieds, HM's Hello Kitty polish Glitter purple. Unfortunately, that polish is uneven. Glitter comes in clumps and I just couldn't get it to look somewhat even. So, more glitter to the rescue - adding a french tip using HM's Hello Kitty Glitter Silver.

Now I look like Tammy Faye. All because I didn't want to remove a polish that annoyed me. All because I truly despise removing nailpolish when it isn't over and done with.
Will I ever learn?

Note #2 to self: Buy Konad/fauxnad-set. Might be the rescue when everything else fails.

5 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

I always love your posts - you're always so honest and I like that. I laughed at the comparison to Tammy Faye, but you got your point across. PS: The Konad? You'd love it! It's so much fun and it's easy!

schmut said...

->Megan:
Thanks. I've been wanting to get my hands on a konad-set but first I figured it would look odd on short nails and then when I finally decided I "needed" a set, I realized they're not sold over here. Atleast not under that name.

Megan Harmeyer said...

I hadn't been able to find them in any of the beauty shops around town, so I had to order it off Amazon.com. Same with the Bundlemonster plates. Good luck!

Sarah said...

Konad stuff is sold in the Swedish online shop Välaboden.se. That's where I bought my stuff. I just can't figure it out though, I suck at konading.

schmut said...

->Sarah: I was just looking at that store yesterday but I couldn't find any plates that I really wanted. I guess I should add yet to that sentence. Give me a week and I'll be lusting after them all, mostly because I have none.

Post a Comment