12

Lashing out

After having read Lipglossiping's recent post on what she's learned from beautyblogging, I decided to come out of the closet. Share my little secret that isn't a taboo or anything shocking but apparently it's so elementary that I have never dared to asked anybody about it. Just realized that it's something that I don't do that others consider basics:

Why and when did people start using mascara on the lower eyelashes?
The last time I did that, I was 12 and fiddling around with makeup. More is better was my motto.
With mascara on the lower eyelashes I looked like a panda. Mrs Panda after a long night waiting up for Mr Panda who was out binge-drinking with his compadres, just to find him head down in the lovely lilac-bushes...
I digress, but never the less, no, I don't get it. But then again, I am the girl that cut her eyelashes time and time again during her teens. Thinking they looked more like spiderlegs than something that could prettify a human.
These days, if there's anything black or brown on my lower eyelashes, it's a mistake and a result from me trying to break my last speedrecord on putting on makeup.

12 comments:

Kabuki said...

Hello former mrs Panda! Du har en liten glittrande award att hämta på Kabuki!

http://www.kabukibeauty.blogspot.com/

Tack för en underbar blogg!
Kram från Emma

Jasmine said...

i never put mascara on my lowerlashes either, it looks weird to me, hahaha

Dial V for Vintage said...

Fortunately eyelashes grow back ;). I agree with you, I also don't apply mascara to my lower lashes - only my upper lashes, it opens up your eyes and makes them look bigger and beautiful :).

Natalia said...

Well, that is not weird at all! Not everybody's eyes should be make up in the same way. The important thing is to ... well, don't know english well enough to express it... Do what is best for you! that's all.

Megan Harmeyer said...

It depends on the look I'm going for. If it's more neutral/subtle, I don't put mascara on the bottom lashes. But, if I'm going for a bold or smokey look, the bottom lashes get the same attention as the top.

jellynat said...

Is that wrong to put mascara on lower lashes? Because I do, ah ah. There's zero rule in make up to me. I wear quite an amount of dark eyeshadow on my lower eyelid (black to be precise) and it's weird if there's no mascara down there.

I can see a window and a little bit of landscape reflected in your eyes. Even faraway clouds in the sky. Magic.

Sarah said...

To be honest: I am shocked that so many of you don't put mascara on your lower lashes. In my world the thought of not putting mascara on the lower lashes...doesn't even exist. I've learnt something new today!
On me, I think it looks weird if I don't put mascara on everywhere. Really dark on top, nothing downstairs... I want to frame the eye, not just but a hat on it. :P

LipGloss Bitch said...

Nope, målar heller aldrig de nedre fransarna annat än av misstag.

gio said...

I don't think that's weird. I never put mascaras on my lower lashline either unless I go for a very dramatic look.

Nailtastic said...

I use mascara on my lower lashes most of the time, but not always. I think I look a bit more naked without, but sometimes that's what I'm aiming for.

schmut said...

->Natalia : I am not saying they should, but if you read the advice of makeup artists and bloggers' tutorials, more often than not, it's makeup all the way around.
As I never really read what makeup artists had to say before (and to be honest, I rarely do these days either) I had no clue I was "in the wrong".

nihrida said...

I use mascara on my lower lashes, 'cause it looks uneven when I only apply it to my upper lashes. My eyelid is kind of hooded and I think it looks better when I do it this way.
P.S: Your eyes are amazing!

Post a Comment