11

88 bottles of polish on the...

New month, new post. I'm not dead, nor have I stopped looking for the perfect nailpolish. I know it's out there.
But, there's a but, 3 weeks before my back-surgery, my body decided to give me all it got, and I'm to the point where I thank God for having ultra-short nails or they would have not only dug through flesh, but gotten stuck. So, while I have been made up all pretty like a peek-ture with nails to match, I just haven't had the energy to do anything other than the most important task. Note that I consider putting on makeup and nailpolish two important tasks. I know that some people find that odd and that it shouldn't even be a priority, but it is. Making me look and feel like I have somewhere to go and something to do while I am in reality just sobbing at home, makes life a little easier. I guess we're talking about the outlook on life. Making me look like trash just because I feel like last week's worth isn't going to help.


Now on to the good stuff - what a lot of you guys have been doing lately ; showing your Helmers.
I don't have a Helmer and I am trying to settle on never ending up with one, but seeing as this is the polish I've acquired since April, I should never say never.
88 bottles in all their glory and as you an see, I am no brand-ho.
Along with what was already in my boxes before I started blogging, I have 101 more polishes than I have nails. That's not sane.

11 comments:

Twister said...

Can one ever really have to much polish?

Alice said...

This is not sane but funny! :)

Millie said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. If it makes you feel good to put some makeup on then it's great! It definitely makes me feel better when I have a fresh mani, even though it's only myself that sees it most of the time.

jellynat said...

I don't know what I'd call a priority in life (some of my priorities might seem ridiculous to some) but I know that feeling good looking and ready-to-go is also to me a way to feel on the tracks of life. Who has ever conquered the world in pajamas?

Concerning polish, I've refused to even count how many I had. I like living in a nebulosity concerning nail polish.

I hope your back surgery goes fine!

you nailed it! said...

I hope you'll get better than you are now!
And if polish is what makes you better, keep on buying! No one can have too much polish (:"
xx

1xellus1 said...

:O) Nothing wrong with sprucing up. Especially when you don't feel so great. I am all for polish on the cheap. I have as many polishes as you do, LOL. People who aren't into polish just don't get it. My life wouldn't end without them, but the quality of my life is enriched by my collection. Sane? Probably not. LOL
Best wishes for the surgery.

Megan Harmeyer said...

Ditto to Twister's comment! I just started "collecting" in April, too, and I'm already up to 100+. It's a sickness, I tell ya. A sickness!

Maestra said...

I hope you'll get better soon and best wishes for the back surgery!
If make up makes you feel better, great! Put on as much make up as you like. About the nail polishes ... I'm one of the fanatics with tons of polishes (one Helmer is not enough for my stash of polishes) ... no, it's not insane, it's just ... well, addictive and funny!

schmut said...

Thank you all.

Plus, I think Jellynat said it :
"Who has ever conquered the world in pajamas?"

schmut said...

Thank you all.

Plus, I think Jellynat said it :
"Who has ever conquered the world in pajamas?"

schmut said...

Thank you all.

Plus, I think Jellynat said it :
"Who has ever conquered the world in pajamas?"

Post a Comment