7

If it looks edible, buy it

I'm pretty hooked on nail-polish, I admit to that. The 2nd thing on my Gimmegimmegimme-list is something that's not so easy to get my hands on unless I am willing to order over the internet, and that I am not: Lush. The closest store is far far away and I must admit that has probably done wonders for my wallet. Whenever I enter a Lush-store, I go nuts. Sometimes I even go back for a 2nd round of going nuts.

The good thing about going to Stockholm, other than the obvious - getting my back fixed, was that it's a city with a Lush store. Of course, I went crazy and had I been a rich girl, I would have had loads more to carry and probably killed off my back for once and for all. One could say, my lousy financial state saved my back!

I mostly went for old favorites, things I know work wonders like the American cream conditioner and Shimmy shimmy bar but I also decided to give Curly wurly a try as well as the solid perfume Imogen rose.
Doesn't sound like much, does it? But when I came to my senses and realized I had bought schampoo for $22.40 and a bottle of conditioner for $29.95, it just didn't make any sense. I don't go for luxury-items like that, unless it's at Lush. What is it with Lush that makes me spend money I don't have?

Now, don't get me wrong, I adore Lush but there is something odd about my relationsship to that brand that makes me spend that much money on something just because it's natural. A lot of the products aren't better than anything else on the market and some are just vile, but it's natural. We love natural. It's something about the atmosphere and the somewhat naive philosophy surrounding Lush that just makes me go gaga for gogo.
If it was a cult, I'd be the first to sign up.

7 comments:

snooze. said...

I totally get where you're coming from. I don't even bother buying from other shops anymore. Even The Body Shop seems chemical in comparison to Lush. Once you go natural, you can't go back.

nihrida said...

I LOVE the scent in Lush stores and whenever I walk out of there, I can still smell it even when I'm half of the city away.
I almost read your title as: If it looks edible, eat it. XD

fashionedinfinland said...

I love Lush bath products, but those are SO expensive... I still don't like Lush soap, I know better & cheaper ones :D

I hope I don't buy too much tomorrow :D

Lily said...

LUSH is probably my weakness~ it's the ultimate!

Lily/BanappleArt

johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
schmut said...

->Johnson: removed comment because it was spam. Not cutest cute blogspam but evil mötherfucking shitesite-spam.

Argan Oil said...

This is a good common sense Blog. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resources about this part. It will certainly help educate me.

Post a Comment