17

Nailpeeps are catpeeps, right?

This blog arose from the ashes.... well no, not really. This blog got started in grief. Knee deep, over and out. 2 days before I started it, I had to say goodbye to two companions that I had by my side for more than 10 years. The older cat (approximately 17 years old) had been ill for a long time and the younger, the 14 year old black devil, was starting to show the same signs but at a more rapid pace. As they had been sidekicks for a good 12 years, I decided they went together. Leaving one just to deteriorate while missing her friend, just to have to be put to sleep a few months later didn't seem all that human. Left all alone with mad as a hatter-dog Roky was the newbie Sigrid and a few days ago, she finally got a sidekick of her own, Vera. I must admit I cried my eyes out before picking her up - was I really over the other two? Was it right to get a new cat so soon? But then again, is 9 months really to be considered soon? I guess it goes to show how important those two cats were to me.

The polish in the picture arrived that very same day and she, yes that tiny little mitten, thought it was a plaything for her. Guess she's found the perfect household to make her kingdom? The polish in question is LA Girls' Rock star in a glitterpacked color with the very fitting name Overdose. I guess Vera likes glitter?

17 comments:

Veronica said...

Jag förstår precis hur du känner. Mina två "gammeltanter" gick bort i år, en redan i februari/mars och den andra för bara två veckor sedan. Kvar har jag Brutus som är nu ensam och ledsen, men förhoppningsvis så kan jag hämta hem en ny vän åt honom nästa vecka :-)

snooze. said...

I'm so sorry about those cats :( they got pretty old! Vera looks cute, and I love the polish

xo

Sarah said...

Naw! This nailpeep is definitely a catpeep!

nihrida said...

Oh, this photo is soooo cute! And I know what you're talking about. A new cat can never be a substitute for old one. They're just like people, all different and can't be replaced. I still cry when I think of my long gone cats... I hope that Sigrid and Vera will bring you a lot of joy. :*****

Åsa said...

Vilket underbart foto med katten och lacket!

you nailed it! said...

ahh that cat is so cute. I've noticed too that a lot of lacquerlovers have cats and occasionally blog about them. I love cats too, so it might be that you have to love cats when you love nailpolish. even your cat likes nailpolish, so you've found a good new friend. Though I know how hard it is to lose one.

Nailtastic said...

Älskar den översta bilden! Så fint!

nailspotting said...

Verkligen finaste bilden någonsin överst! Nu blev jag ännu mer sugen på katt men känns inte riktigt rätt när man flyttar runt så mycket som vi gör.

helena said...

I lost a catfriend in spring, I was so sad and am still :( really cute post and pictures about your new friends!

Sminkan said...

Åh, vilken sötnos!
När Sabina dog hade min gammelkatta Edit förorat två kompisar på bara några månader så hon blev deprimerad. Jag fick åka till katthemmet och hämta Siri bara några dagar efter Sabinas bortgång för Edit mådde dåligt. Hon åt inte och gick och letade efter Sabina i lägenheten. Var hemskt. Så fort jag kom hem med Siri så blev hon helt annorlunda och glad igen även om hon ibland hävdar att hon inte alls vill ha kattkompis utan vill vara ensambarn. Uppenbarligen så är det inte helt med sanningen överensstämmande.
Vera är galet söt. Helt underbar!

Sarah said...

Hello again. That pic is so cute I wanna kill myself. Yeah, that's all I felt the need to tell you. CUTE!

Mirijam said...

UNDERBART LACK! Och gollig kisse, men LACKET!

Catanya said...

I absolutely love the first picture, it is amazing!! But in general, I have to say that all your pictures in this blog are excellent, I am really impressed!
Love from a new follower,
Catanya

schmut said...

Thank you all for comments

Lacky said...

Oj vad jag känner igen mig. I somras fick min Ronja somna för gott, hon som funnits med sen jag var tretton, en konstant följeslagare genom resor, tonår, kärlekar och allt. Någon som inte haft djur kan omöjligt förstå vilken sorg det är att förlora dem.

Rehan Ahmed said...

Make Money online from home without investment, Just Register and click the ads and earn upto 10 Dollars Daily, The best and Legimate Earning Sites Ever you want
ProBux.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Awkward Text, Prank Text, funny comics, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment
lolsgag.com

Post a Comment