2

Week of fuglies, take 3

Seeing as the 2nd manicure didn't last longer than a day, I had time to do a third before the week was up. Just as it's precessor, what was in my mind one fugly manicure, it turned out pretty cool. If not cool, it did atleast look a lot nicer on a hot summer's day than it did when I had it on the last time when the world looked like it was drenched in what appeared to be asphalt flavored slush ice.
The polish in question is Love nails by Sinful Colors which is a lot greener than I remembered it to be. Think lagoon minus the creature.
It's more of a shimmer to be used as top (think Lighthouse by China Glaze, the shimmer that brings light to any worn manicure) than a polish as it's quite sheer It took me 5 coats to get opaque.

I don't know what came over me to take the next step, which was matching my makeup with my manicure. I guess it an attempt to make it fugly by hitting the 80's tree all the way down/up. A turquoise smokey eye, but can you even spot it? As always, any color on my eyes seem to just disappear.  I don't mean this literally, I don't need a primer, but that there's already too much color going on that you don't notice much. I just don't know how Cyndi (Lauper, the one and only) managed to pull it off? Was is eyeshadow not by the gram but by the kilogram?

My hair's more peachy/cottoncandy now than it used to be (hoptpink) due to spending a lot of hours at the beach. No extreme haircolor is made for extreme sports..or living for that matter.

2 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

I so enjoy your posts. You photos are so different and I love them! The lack of staying power is the #1 reason I don't dye my hair anymore.

Hailey said...

i love the color!

Post a Comment